NEET 2019: List of medical entrance exams and their schedule
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (NEET) 2019
NEET (UG)-2019: Important Dates
NEET-UG will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament e.g. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
|Online Application form registration||1st – 30th November, 2018|
|Last date for filling the application||TBA|
|Last date to submit the application fee||TBA|
|Release of admit card||15th April, 2019|
|Exam date||5th May, 2019|
|Result announcement||5th June, 2019|
|Counselling starts||After result declaration|
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for NEET 2019 examination is mentioned below:
- No. of Question: Total 180 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Exam Mode: Exam will be conducted through offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Type of Question: There will be objective type questions (four options with one correct answer).
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany) subjects.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Language: Question paper will be asked in 8 languages like English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu languages.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be given for each correct answer (+4 Marks).
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (-1 Mark)
- Questions that are not attempted do not have any penalty marks.
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
NEET PG 2019, MDS 2019: Important Dates
The examination dates of the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) PG and MDS examinations have been announced.
National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test Post Graduate (NEET-PG) 2019: January 6, 2019.
NEET-MDS 2019: December 14, 2018.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) 2019
AIIMS MBBS 2019: Minimum marks to qualify
Candidates belonging to unreserved category must score at least 50 per cent, those belonging to OBC (non-creamy layer) must score at least 45 per cent and those belonging to SC/ST must score at least 40 per cent in order to be considered eligible for further counselling process of AIIMS MBBS.
AIIMS MBBS 2019: Exam pattern
- Mode: AIIMS entrance exam will be held in online mode (computer-based test).
- Shifts: The examination will be organized in two shifts, i.e. 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM (Morning) & 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM (Afternoon).
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be 3½ hours.
- Language: The question paper will be provided either in English or in Hindi.
- Number of Questions: Total 200 multiple choice (objective & reason-assertion) type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Subjects: The questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge/Aptitude.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct response will get a score of one mark.
- Negative Marking: Each incorrect response will get a score of – 1/3 mark.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Aptitude & Logical Thinking||10|
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) 2019
Every year, thousands of medical aspirants sit for the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) entrance examinations to get admission into JIPMER Puducherry and Karaikal. There are 150 MBBS seats at JIPMER Puducherry and 50 at JIPMER, Karaikal. The duration of the course will be 4 years and 6 months, followed by 1 year of compulsory rotatory internship for the award of degree.
|Starting of online application form||6th March, 2019|
|Last date of submitting application form||12th April, 2019|
|Release of admit card||May, 3rd week|
|Exam date||2nd June, 2019|
|Result announcement||3rd week of June|
|First Counselling starts||26th– 28th June, 2019|
|Second counselling||24th July, 2019|
|Third counselling||21st August, 2019|
|Final counselling||26th September, 2019|
|Closing of admission||30th September, 2019|
JIPMER MBBS Exam Pattern
The complete JIPMER Exam Pattern are given below:
- Mode: The exam will be conducted through online (CBT) mode.
- Duration: The total duration will be of about 150 minutes.
- Shifts: It will be conducted in two shifts, i.e. one in morning and another in afternoon.
- Medium: The examination will be asked in English language.
- No of Questions: 200 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Type of Questions: MCQ will be asked in the exam.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer. No negative marking.
|English Language and Comprehension||10|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|